Most of the credit goes to All Recipes but I made a few modifications for what I had on hand and was trying to use.
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1/4 cup cooking sherry
1. Stir all dry ingredients together into bowl.
2. In seperate bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, liquid smoke, and vinegar.
3. pour oil mix on fajita cut chicken and stir.
4. pour half of dry spice mix on chicken, stir, then mix rest of dry rub, and stir once more.
5. Cook on medium heat stirring frequently to avoid burning sauce.
6. Once the chicken is done and the sauce is coming together add the cooking sherry to round out the flavors and deglasse.
It went well with spinach as a bed in a fajita wrap with spinach and cheese.